A total of nine international consortia submitted documents and technical proposals for the Almaty Light Rail Transit Line PPP
A total of nine international consortia submitted documents and technical proposals for the Almaty Light Rail Transit Line PPP:
- CMC: CMC China National Machinery Import & Export Corporation and CRCC16 China Railway 16th Bureau Group;
- Alstom Kazakhstan: Marubeni Corporation, Alstom Kazakhstan, Gulermak and Meridiam;
- Renaissance Construction: Renaissance Construction and PK Тransport systems;
- CRBE: CRBE China Railway Beijing Engineering Group and CRL China Railway Liuyuan Group;
- Itochu Corporation: Itochu Corporation, CAF and Makyol;
- CITIC: Temirzhol Jöndew, CITIC China International Trust Investment Corporation and CCECC China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation;
- Enka: Enka;
- Norinko: Norinko;
- CMEC: CMEC China Machinery Engineering Corporation, CHSR China High Speed Railway Technology and CRCC22 China Railway 22th Bureau Group
The authority tendered the project towards the end of August, seeking partners to design, build, finance, operate and maintain a new electrified light rail transit line with a length of 22.7km and spanning 37 stations.
The partner will be responsible for the acquisition of rolling stock and the delivery of LRT infrastructure, including tracks, overhead lines, platforms, power supplies, telecommunication as well as a depot.
A spokesperson for the authority told Partnerships Bulletin that the public and private sector partners will be providing 50% each of the required financing.
Ownership of the project, expected to serve approximately 76,000-112,000 passengers per day, will revert to the authority upon completion of the 23-year contract.
The authority will now review all submissions before compiling a shortlist.